There are many times that Randy and I laugh at something Makenna says, but I think last night topped the cake. We were driving down Hwy. 29, and we heard a siren. We looked for an ambulance or a fire truck, but we didn't see one. Finally, Randy realized it was coming behind us. He slowed down for it to go by. Then, Makenna said, "Hurry up, you imbeciles! They're getting away!" I laughed so hard that I almost cried. I guess she's been watching too much of 101 Dalmations. The most important thing was that she knew when it was appropriate.
After we got home, we were getting ready for bed. I was in the kitchen doing something. She came in and said, "Mommy, you know what?" After I asked her what, she said, "You light up my heart!" Wow! My heart melted, and I silently thanked God for entrusting our precious daughter in our care.
No comments:
Post a Comment