We've had so many interesting conversations with Makenna lately, and I'm sure I have forgotten some of them. I wanted to write some of them down to remember them forever. I'm sure you'll get a laugh.
These were from our Charleston trip...
Conversation #1
If you saw the picture of Makenna in time out on the pier, she was there for sticking her tongue out. Afterward, she and Randy were walking down to the end of the pier. This was the conversation.
Mak - Daddy, you know a while ago when you thought I was sticking out my tongue?
Dad - Yes?
Mak - Well, I just wanted you to know that I wasn't sticking out my tongue to be mean. I was just covering my lips.
Conversation #2
We went to Randy's dr.'s aptmt, and Makenna stayed with my parents in the hotel room with toys, movies, games, etc. When we got back, I was talking to my parents in their room, and Makenna went with Randy in our room. When I went into the room, Randy was laughing. He said, "I don't know what happened while we were gone, but I can't wait to hear your parents' version."
I asked what he was talking about. Makenna had said that Nana was going to take her to the police and trade her in for a new Makenna.
When we met up for supper that night, Nana knew nothing of the conversation, but she did know that Makenna had thrown one fit when she didn't get her way. Hmmmmm.... wonder if those two events could have anything in common. :)
Conversation #3 (last night)
We were getting ready to go out to dinner. She was ready and lying on my bed while I was getting ready.
Mak - Mommy, I hope no one ever takes our house away.
Me - I hope not. I don't think anyone can take our house away. It's too big.
Mak - They can put it on the back of their truck.
Me - Really?
Mak - But if it falls off, we can put it back on the grass and live happily ever after FOREVER.
No comments:
Post a Comment