Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lots to blog about...

































































































1 - Tomorrow is our 15th wedding anniversary! I'm SO blessed! Randy is my best friend, and he is a wonderful husband and father. We have been through more in 15 years than many marriages face in a lifetime. I'm so thankful to God for getting us through so many challenging times... infertility, Randy's diagnosis, my depression, my dad's heart surgery, Randy losing his job, job changes for both of us, international adoption... just to name a few. Throughout each challenge, God has shown Himself to us more and more. We praise Him for being the same in the valleys and the mountains.


2 - We just got back from the beach. I hope you enjoyed the pictures above. We had a blast camping at Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach. Makenna's friend, Mary-Patrick (aka MP) went with us and stayed until her family came down on Wednesday.


3 - Summer list... two summers ago, I cleaned out all of the closets and drawers in our house. Then, when I started to do it AGAIN last summer, I stopped because I was discouraged that it looked exactly the same as before. Since I didn't organize last summer, I think I'm in major home organizing mood now. It could be because my house looked like a vacation tornado came through. Here is a look at what I've done so far this week...


Organized and cleaned the 2 hall closets, under my kitchen sink, all of our bathroom, vacuumed, mopped both bathrooms, organized our swimming stuff, washed at least 10 loads of clothes, cleaned the baseboards in our bathroom, bedroom, and hallway, organized the pantry, took all of my magnets off of the refrigerator and cleaned it, cleaned our camping tables and cooler, bathed Madi with her medicated shampoo.... yes, this must be why I'm SO tired!


Tomorrow morning, I'm going to mop ourselves out of the house and help my mom and my aunt put up some corn from her neighbor's garden... not exactly how I pictured spending my 15th anniversary, but that corn sure is great in the wintertime.



No comments: