Can you believe it? Kindergarten is over... it just seems like yesterday that Makenna was getting ready for her first day of school. She has had a wonderful year with 2 wonderful teachers...
Mrs. Godfrey
Mrs. Beach
Posing with her friends, Sara and Lanie

How cute... everyone in the class signed the shirt!

Posing with Elana
Posing with Nyla and Sara
These faces looks awfully mischievous!
Precious, precious...


I can't believe K5 is over! I asked Makenna to name some things she's learned this year, and here is her list...
Posing with Elana
I can't believe K5 is over! I asked Makenna to name some things she's learned this year, and here is her list...
- Sounding out words while I read
- If I don't know how to read a word, I start with the first letter and read it slowly.
- Patterns
- Counting to 200
- Claude Monet was a famous painter, and I learned how to paint just like him.
- Parts of a plant - stem, leaves, seeds, flowers
- Character counts - friendliness, sharing & caring, helping a friend if they have trouble with something, responsibility
- Counting tens and ones using ladybugs
- How to spell lots of words
I thought this was a cute list. I love the Monet comment. I think I will e-mail her art teacher. Here is my list of what she has learned in K5...
- Reading anything and everything
- Confidence & enthusiasm
- Responsibility
- Everyone's family isn't like ours.
- Amazing amounts of math, including facts
There is much more... I'm SO thankful that Makenna was blessed with her teachers. Mrs. Beach is from the Phillipines, and I knew Makenna was in the right class when she said, "Wow! Makenna, you and I have the same color of hair and skin!" That just started our year in a positive way, and it just got better and better!
Makenna is ready for 1st grade... this was her latest comment...
Mak - Mom, I know you're not ready for me to be a first grader.
Me - Why do you say that?
Mak - Because it means you'll be OLD!!!
I guess the truth hurts! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment