
I thought this was an appropriate picture for my first Thursday Thirteen because I'm kind of feeling overwhelmed lately. I decided to list 13 random things about me or my life.
1 - I am going on a mission trip this summer with the youth from my church to Seattle, Washington. It is through the program, Power Plant, with the North American Mission Board.
2 - Makenna is going to be 4 next Friday, Feb. 15, and we are planning a big party at Monkey Joe's. I love celebrating her birthdays, but some memories are bittersweet for me. I pray for her birthmother. I know that Feb. 15 has to be a hard day for her. I also wish I had been there for Makenna's birth. When I start to have those thoughts, I just have to remind myself that everything happened according to God's plan...
3 - My dad was diagnosed with a rare scar tissue disease in 1989 , and we were told to plan his funeral. He went through triple bypass surgery in 2001, and the drs. didn't know if he would make it. My parents are now both retired and loving life.... thanks be to my Lord and Savior! They love to fish together at the lake, and hopefully, Makenna will get to go with them to the lake in a couple of weeks.
4 - Randy is going back to MUSC to meet with Dr. Judson, the sarcoidosis specialist on April 2. Pray that we get some much needed answers.
5 - Randy is going to be traveling with work 3 times in the next month for about 4-5 days each. This is very stressful to me.... I don't know how you single parents do it. (This is why I'm hoping that Nana and Papa can take Makenna to the lake at least one of these times.)
6 - Makenna has actually slept a couple of nights in the last week or so. We forgot what it is like to wake up after a full night's sleep.
7 - I only have a few more class meetings to be finished with my class for my certification for this 5 year cycle. YEAH!!!
8 - George W. might be sending me a rebate check! :) Randy said that he should send him a Lowe's gift card. I told him it should be a ticket to Seattle.
9 - You might find this funny - Randy was my 6th grade boyfriend. I broke up with him because he got a bowl haircut!!! LOL :)
10 - I would love to go on a makeover show!
11 - One of the side effects of one of the meds I take causes weight gain no matter what you eat (I've tried watching what I eat and eating what I want, nothing changes)... I've gained 50 pounds since starting it almost 7 years ago. It really saves my life but kills me. I've tried to go off of it, but can't stand it without it.... big dilemma. Currently taking meds to counteract to see what happens. (this may be TMI- but I didn't want people to always think I was fat) Pray that something works.
12 - I would love to have a beautiful tan without the fear of cancer.
13 - Thirteen things are way too long to type! :) I'll try to be shorter next time! Have a wonderful weekend!
2 comments:
Your blog is such a blessing to me! I love your little one so much and I don't get to see you often-it is so good to be able to feel "part" of your life. We are coming to the party! Can't wait to see you!
Carmen
I learned so much about you!! :-)
Post a Comment